I understand that Ebola is a horrible virus with a high mortality rate. I get it that it broke out in an area of the world that is horribly under served with medical professionals, facilities, lack of knowledge and funds. I realize it's transmittable by bodily fluids. Check, check and check.
What I don't get is why the media has once again, place sooooo much air time into reporting this outbreak but yet chooses to ignore the ongoing deaths within our own country each and every day. No one wants to lift a finger.
Oh, that's right. Keep those Corporate sponsors happy. Without keeping sponsors, they'd have no business model. We should do as the media says. They have our best interests in mind, right? (stop laughing) Media outlets employ so many workers, dontchaknow. Keep big pharma happy, raking in the bucks as they double and triple our medication costs. They represent jobs, which so desperately we need. Fast food restaurants, retailers, insurance companies, all would close shop if we didn't see their latest, big sale. Imagine the job loss.
Funny. Those industries did just fine BEFORE television.
Just last week, my physician felt a medication I was on wasn't doing it's job well enough and switched me to a new one. Oh yay!
Side effects may include:
- Blurred vision
- cloudy urine
- decrease in urine output or decrease in urine-concentrating ability
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- body aches or pain
- chest pain
- common cold
- difficulty breathing
- ear congestion
- loss of voice
- nasal congestion
- runny nose
- sore throat
- Arm, back, or jaw pain
- chest discomfort, tightness, or heaviness
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- general feeling of discomfort or illness
- joint pain
- loss of appetite
- muscle aches and pains
- trouble sleeping
Seriously?! So now I will need 10 more medications to offset the side effects of just one pill. Forgive me for not being politically correct here but are we retarded? We're given a pill, approved by the FDA with so many side effects........you're actually feeling worse having taken it? Just load up on more pills. No way. Thanks FDA. I wonder who paid you off to approve this one.
I don't see anyone doing a bucket challenge for Ebola.
I don't see Warren Buffet or Bill Gates sending billions over in aid to Western Africa.
I watch very little news television and I swear I am so much happier for it.
My Mother had a phrase when I was mad at her "I'm the worst Mother you ever had". Took me 10 years before I figured out that one. *LOL* She also had some gems for words of wisdom:
- Some of your friends you will realize are truly just addicted pill poppers and/or alcoholics in disguise. People look to pills to make them happier when it's themself and their life they need to change. They're lazy and weak. Don't be like them. You know better.
- Don't buy food that is advertised on tv. Odds are it's not healthy for you or packed with additives and GMO.
- Eat veggies 3-5 times a day and fruit twice a day. The portion of your veggies should be larger than your meat.
- Don't buy snacks unless it's in the produce department. (to this day, I buy maybe 1 bag of chips a month)
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day.
- If you have an ache or pain, don't pop a pill. Do some chores. Wash some dishes. Take a walk. Give the dog a bath. It's amazing how fast the pain disappears and you completely forget about them.
- Turn off the boob tube! Are you lazy and retarded or something?
Yeah, yeah Ma', I heard you. By the way Mom, thank you.
(My sincere apologies to anyone who found my reference to the mentally impaired offensive)